An exciting opportunity for a Managing Editor role at one of the largest Esports and Gaming Media Companies in Tennessee.
The managing editor is ultimately responsible for the final content that our client produces in all its forms.
The editor will be responsible for the overall editing responsibilities in all mass media (print, Internet, television, etc.) created. The editor will be responsible for all content scheduling, quality control, ensuring a check is made on the content (authenticity and relevancy to the topic), language (grammar and content flow) and aesthetics (photos, images, sound, audio and video) of the articles or video. The editor will be required to change, modify, paraphrase or condense the content in order to enhance its quality and approve or reject the piece based on preset grounds. The editor is required to use creative skills and human resource skills to handle two contradicting jobs – maintain a cordial relationship with the author of the articles to alter when needed.
- Set and enforce content requirements
- Cross check facts, spellings, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos etc. for all content.
- Reject content that is not up to company standard.
- Make light as well as heavy edits to content
- Contribute editorial pieces and other content as needed.
- Be responsible and accountable for all the content that is approved for publishing.
- Work with other staff members to optimize page-flow optimization and SEO
- Manage a team of content creators including conducting team meetings on a regular basis. Assign responsibilities to all team members
- Act as liaison between content creators and the rest of the business
- Manage all content creation and publishing schedules, including rescheduling as needed. Taking steps to ensure content is completed and delivered on time.
- Recruit, develop, and manage content talent
- Establish a philosophy
Skills and experience
- Proofreading, copy editing, developmental editing, line editing and editing for search engine optimization.
- Understanding industry channels which must be traveled in order to have effective content.
- Familiarity with or knowledge of working with the esports and gaming industries
- 5+ Years leading a team of content creators
- 3+ Years in a lead editor role
- Working for one the leading esports and gaming media companies
- Managing a team of exciting and creative writers
- Working in one of the most exciting and fastest growing gaming markets
- Great cultured company surrounded by a creative team
- Very competitive salary
We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, CV, and references) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org