What we are searching for:
Someone who can ‘own’ their own work projects and prioritise efficiently
Someone who is willing to be part of the team and help us achieve our goals.
Someone who wants to work on finding innovative solutions, in an environment that offers exciting personal challenges and rewards.
Your future tasks:
- Manage all technical infrastructure, spanning across both broadcast (Online stream) hardware & systems, and more traditional office IT requirements including IT and network management
- Ensure all equipment remains fully functioning and up to date, maintaining studio technical efficiency and best practises
- Apply best industry practices and innovative ideas to provide clear direction and a consistent approach to the systems and hardware in use throughout the broadcast studio, and on location at remote events
- Remain operational across projects as required while being regularly attached to specific productions, alongside working on bigger picture projects to enhance the studio core infrastructure
- A proven track record of working within a technical, broadcast, or similar environment
- Understanding of key aspects technical broadcast studio processes and equipment in a production environment
- Comprehensive understanding of networking (e.g. NAS, Routers, pfSense, patching, logging, internet suppliers, game console (PC, PS4, Xbox) networking and equipment in a broadcast studio environment
- A practical understanding of all related disciplines in live broadcast
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers and contractors
- Excellent communication skills – capable of liaising at all levels of the business
- Excellent client facing skills
- Be able to step into any studio environment and diagnose issues affecting technical operations
Nice to have:
- An understanding of web streaming practises including encoding hardware, live video formats, live content distribution platforms (e.g. Wowzer), RTMP streaming, Twitch platform best practises etc.
- Development/ skills in any programming language
- An interest in esports and video games
What is it like working at Turtle Entertainment?
At Turtle Entertainment, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create products which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.